[Plone-conference] Plone promotion media

Armin Stroß-Radschinski mail at acsr.de
Wed Oct 7 18:22:46 UTC 2015

Hi Jean Paul,
the source files of the posters are available as SVG based Inkscape vector files (best is to keep them as open format files in editable SVG). You should wait for someone pointing you to the final source files. The needed fonts are Open Source. Use the latest Inkscape Versions > 0.9x

Chrissy Wainwright was working on the final versions as far as I know and Kim Nguyen is keeping track of the lofation of the master files.

Translation vs Spirit Transfer (related to the main taglines) is an important point for me.

Since Paul Roeland (together with others in the team) was involved in the final text concepts and the SVG templates, you have an excellent sparring partner to transfer (not translate) the spirit into dutch. The text of the taglines is initially based on Shakespeare quotes and titles but every country/language has its own way to get the spirit behind. So finding maybe some different phrases/quotes that match the audience better in dutch will be fine and freedom of art.

Maybe there is a OpenSpace slot in Bukarest where our international marketing zoo can do a creative multilingual poster session.

-- Armin

Am 07.10.2015 um 18:09 schrieb Jean-Paul Ladage <j.ladage at zestsoftware.nl>:

> Hi Oksanen,
>
> Thanks for this great tip.
>
> Next month we are doing a dutch plone user day and I would like to translate these to dutch.
> Who could help me and send the PSD files?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jean-Paul
>
>> On 6 Oct 2015, at 14:22, Oksanen Rikupekka <rioksane at jyu.fi> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Aaron,
>>
>> another tip on selling Plone to your CEO are these gorgeous and inspiring posters:
>> https://plone.org/foundation/marketing/marketingprojects/marketingmaterials/plone-5/p5-shakespeare-posters-201509256
>>
>> I did some large prints today, and boy do they look good :) Thumbs up to the folk behind those,
>>
>> BR. Rikupekka
>>
>> "Dream in light years, challenge miles, walk step by step."
>> - Plone, Optimal Productivity
>>

>> On 06/10/15 15:15, Christina McNeill wrote:
>>> Aaron,
>>>
>>> Please let us know if/how plone.com helps your "attack" on your CEO =). It would be helpful to get this kind of feedback so we can keep improving the site.
>>>
>>> As Kim said, since we're a 100% open source community, we don't have the funds to produce huge marketing campaigns—it's not that we don't care or don't want to, it's that the majority of our community resources go into building and improving Plone itself, which should be viewed as a good thing. But, you could point out our social media activity on Twitter and Facebook to help show that we're not silent—we're just not obnoxiously loud =), and to be honest, that's not the nature of Plone anyway.
>>>
>>> Best of luck! And please do let us know how it goes.
>>>
>>> Christina
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 5:53 AM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at plone.org> wrote:
>>> Cheering you on :) And wait a few weeks and we will have a gorgeous new Plone.org too! :)
>>>
>>> Are the Hatchd fellows near you? They're in the Plone.com/providers listing.
>>>
>>> Small tidbit perhaps: we successfully launched Plone 5 on time whereas another CMS with very deep pockets has had serious delays with their release. More money isn't a good predictor!
>>>
>>>     Kim
>>>

>>> On Oct 6, 2015, at 3:51 AM, Aaron Williams <diddyfunk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Kim,
>>>
>>> Dylan alerted me to Plone.com which is a much better look for Plone!
>>>
>>> I've planned an attack on my CEO based on this info cheers :)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Aaron
>>>

>>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at plone.org> wrote:
>>> Sorry to hear that, Aaron.
>>>
>>> Please have a look at Plone.com. It is for high level decision makers and people totally new to Plone. It has success stories that highlight how Plone has been deployed.
>>>
>>> Our marketing budget is very small but has nothing to do with our software quality :)

> [...]

Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski | developer at acsr.de | Twitter: @syncmitter
Dipl. Designer FH | project-consultant | fon +49 171 21 94699 | IRC: acsr | Skype: astrossradschinski

ACSR industrialdesign | Armin Stroß-Radschinski
Landgrafenstraße 32 · 53842 Troisdorf · Germany | UST. ID Nr: DE154092803 (EU VAT ID)
info at acsr.de | www.acsr.de | phone +49 2241 946994 · fax +49 2241 946996