[Plone-conference] Plone promotion media

Aaron Williams diddyfunk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 06:57:18 UTC 2015

Hi Plone conf,

Sorry i cant make it to the Plone conf this year, my CEO has decided "it
doesnt fit with the direction we're heading".

Which is to say he is looking at other options than Plone due to

   1. He perceives little or no media coverage of Plone wins
   2. Lack of support people (in Perth, Western Australia)
   3. Perception that it's hard to learn ie you can't get contractors

Is there any suggestions on how to address these perceptions?

We are likely to get .Net or Sharepoint in the medium term to address this
which will be a big step backwards as far as i'm concerned as a
developer... we have a very customised system maintained and developed by a
small team... if we go to a .Net / Sharepoint solution the costs will be
huge, change will be cumbersome etc

Any Plone wins / marketing i can sling towards the CEO or the rest of the
business to keep them onside would be appreciated.

Sorry for the cross promo but it's kinda related to our business no longer
sending anyone to Plone conf.

Regards,
Aaron Williams