[Plone-conference] Why nuke the 2014 site?

nguyen at plone.org nguyen at plone.org
Thu Sep 24 19:37:06 UTC 2015

It would be good to have the site infrastructure already in place, with a basic set of add-ons, so that:

- conference organizers don’t need to spend time with DNS, servers, buildout, stack setup, etc. - they can just start using a subsite or a new site in the existing and maintained buildout

- conference organizers don’t need to spend time or remember to transfer / export / copy their site into an alternative archive

- there is a progressively improving (perhaps slowly improving, mind you) pragmatic “best practice” for Plone event web site setup

Think of it as SaaS for Plone event web sites…

Speaking as a past and prospective event organizer, I would be happier with this than with either side of having to export my sites into a flat archive, which has severe issues in terms of Plone marketing (how bad does it look if we have that as our annual community highlight record?).

	Kim