[Plone-conference] Why nuke the 2014 site?

Christian Ledermann christian.ledermann at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 08:40:07 UTC 2015

On 16 September 2015 at 04:44, Jean Jordaan <jean.jordaan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at plone.org> wrote:
>> Should we add a stipulation that future conference (and other PF-sanctioned
>> event) proposals must include having the event web site set up so it can be
>> (and is) transferred to the PF to ensure future access to the content?

+1

> Actually the critical bits are the programme (sessions and speakers),
> and the outcomes of the conference:
> - talk videos, slides,
> - sprint topics, participants, outputs like wikis, etherpads, gists,
> report-backs,
> - lessons learned regarding logistics, venue, etc ..
> It would be best if this was in a consistent format.

or even better in consistent or vanilla plone contenttypes so that they
can be exported from the conference site into a plone archive site?

> Perhaps conference sites could make the schedule available in iCal
> format (see below), updated with links to slides/videos when these
> become available
> (though I'm sure sponsors wouldn't mind if their logos lived on with
> the beautiful archived design ;-) ).

can subsites have their own diazo theme?

> I think Plone.org should provide an overview and link to as much of
> this as possible,
> but I don't think it needs to host all the videos etc. itself.
> I do think we need to put some thought into where everything ends up. Perhaps
>   https://archive.org/details/conference_proceedings&tab=about
> is a good long-term, non-spammy place for videos.
>
> Another awesome place for conferences is Lanyrd, they store
> proceedings: http://lanyrd.com/blog/2010/coverage/
> And they already do iCal: http://lanyrd.com/blog/2010/ical/
> I don't know if they're suitable as long-term repository though.

looks interesting - maybe a chance to revive the past lost conference
websites?

> Other things like sprint outputs and lessons learned are up to the
> event participants, but some guidelines and encouragement would help I
> think.

+1

> --
> jean                                              . .. .... //\\\oo///\\

Best Regards,

Christian Ledermann

Newark-on-Trent - UK
Mobile : +44 7474997517

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/christianledermann
https://github.com/cleder/

<*)))>{

If you save the living environment, the biodiversity that we have left,
you will also automatically save the physical environment, too. But If
you only save the physical environment, you will ultimately lose both.

1) Don’t drive species to extinction

2) Don’t destroy a habitat that species rely on.

3) Don’t change the climate in ways that will result in the above.

}<(((*>