[Plone-conference] Why nuke the 2014 site?

Jean Jordaan jean.jordaan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 03:44:21 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM, T. Kim Nguyen <nguyen at plone.org> wrote:
> Should we add a stipulation that future conference (and other PF-sanctioned
> event) proposals must include having the event web site set up so it can be
> (and is) transferred to the PF to ensure future access to the content?

Actually the critical bits are the programme (sessions and speakers),
and the outcomes of the conference:
- talk videos, slides,
- sprint topics, participants, outputs like wikis, etherpads, gists,
report-backs,
- lessons learned regarding logistics, venue, etc ..
It would be best if this was in a consistent format.
Perhaps conference sites could make the schedule available in iCal
format (see below), updated with links to slides/videos when these
become available
(though I'm sure sponsors wouldn't mind if their logos lived on with
the beautiful archived design ;-) ).

I think Plone.org should provide an overview and link to as much of
this as possible,
but I don't think it needs to host all the videos etc. itself.
I do think we need to put some thought into where everything ends up. Perhaps
  https://archive.org/details/conference_proceedings&tab=about
is a good long-term, non-spammy place for videos.

Another awesome place for conferences is Lanyrd, they store
proceedings: http://lanyrd.com/blog/2010/coverage/
And they already do iCal: http://lanyrd.com/blog/2010/ical/
I don't know if they're suitable as long-term repository though.

Other things like sprint outputs and lessons learned are up to the
event participants, but some guidelines and encouragement would help I
think.

--