[Plone-conference] Fourdigits, you rock!

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 09:24:36 UTC 2012

On 18 Oct 2012, at 10:13, Martin Opstad Reistadbakk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Khristine Custodio
> <khristine at iwlearn.org> wrote:
>> +1 to all the raves. great job, Fourdigits, and big thanks to all the
>> brilliant plonistas actively contributing to make Plone the best CMS :)
>
> Couldn't agree more. It was a fantastic conference.

Every year I say 'best conference ever'. And this was no exception! Great job guys :)

>> Just a tiny insight... maybe for the next annual conference organizers can
>> make it a bit more friendlier to advance end users/content managers
>> especially first timers such as by encouraging more presentations on the
>> front-end side of Plone. Unless Plone conferences are only targeting
>> developers, which I hope is not the case. Otherwise, everything else is
>> good. Congratulations to everyone for a very successful conference.
>
> I think this makes a lot of sense. Having a "plone
> administrator"/webmaster track would make it easier for our
> customers[1] to justify the cost of coming to the conference. And once
> there, we will have converts for life (because you guys are so
> awesome) and maybe even future contributors. It is also a big untapped
> marked for selling conference tickets.

Not just a Plone administrator track, but also a Plone content author/editor/end user track. I tried hard for Ploneconf 2010 to make sure there was at least one case-study talk in every time slot so that anyone there who was not a developer would always have something to go to. I think next year we should push this a step further. I'm a fairly technical guy myself, but I find the most interesting talks at Plone Conf the case studies. I get github notifications of cool code, I don't get the same for cool applications and uses of that code!

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton, Technical Director
Netsight Internet Solutions Limited

Registered in England No. 3892180
Registered office: 40 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HU