[Plone-conference] Content browser discussion

Tom itconsense at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:52:52 UTC 2012

Our rough plan is as follows:

We've reviewed the different plone based content browsers UI's + a
couple of external plugins.
We think the new Plone 4.3 image and link browser by Domen Koz(ar has
the nicest most reusable UI.
Our plan is to make this code replace the following

- formlib referencebrowser widget (you will know from such favourites as
Collections Portlet)
- Archetypes reference widget (often seen in Edit > Categories > Related
Items > Add)
- z3c.form referencebrowser widget

The longer term goal will be use this for the content browser in
p.a.toolbar/CMSUI

Implementation wise we plan to make it as a jQuery plugin that uses json
callbacks.

Could someone with the necessary permission create
"plone.contentbrowser" in the Plone organization so I can fork it from
https://github.com/tomgross/plone.contentbrowser ?

:Tom